At Early Childhood School of Georgetown, we understand how difficult spending the day apart is for both you and your baby. Our goal is to make that time as comfortable and worry-free as possible. We honor the role that our care givers have as one of the first adult models that your baby also begins to trust. We are proud to offer a self-contained and nurturing environment for your baby to thrive in.
Our infant teachers are:
- A close team who has had many years of experience in the field of early childhood
- Implemented primary caregiving builds trust and creates a special bond between the infant and teacher, and serves as a key communication person for the parents
- Each child is on their own schedule/ routine and the teachers partner with parents to keep their care consistent between home and school.
- Each primary caregiver is a certified and experienced professional, in charge of sharing a developmental profile, every three months, for each of their specific infants
- These quarterly profiles include developmental goals and strategies for each individual child
- Each of our professional teachers use quiet, soothing voices with the babies. Our teachers also use both sign language and verbal language to communicate with the infants
Our Infant Program consists of:
- Small group attention: our maximum group size is 7 infants to 2 teachers
- A large, bright and sun-filled environment
- Clearly delineated areas around that room that nurture each developmental and personal need
- A climbing structure and carpeted area to build on gross motor, walking and crawling skills
- A cozy area, perfect for feeding, reading, belly and snuggle time
- A separate area away from play for rest time with quiet music, dimmed lights and rocking chairs to aid in comfort and relaxation
- Thematic and “just for fun” songs and finger plays
- Lots of sensory stimulation such as; bubble play, finger painting, water play and more!
- Outdoor walks, as infant’s schedules allow
- Developmentally appropriate artwork, photos and observations, which are saved in a child’s portfolio documenting milestones at ECSG until graduation